Us vs. The Countertop Installers
I'm often asked, "Why don't you sell your corbels to the countertop installers, then they will re-sell them to their customers." Easier said than done. Why? From the information I have gathered over the past 10 years or so, countertop installers simply don't want to deal with corbels and have valid reasons not to want to include them with their service.
These reasons include:
- There are too many styles of corbels to choose from; there is a wide range of simple corbels and an even wider range of ornate styles.
- Many corbel designs are difficult to install easily.
- Wood corbels are typically unfinished.
- When mounting corbels to cabinetry, often the cabinet panels are too thin and require additional carpentry work to mount the corbels properly.
- How strong are the corbels? And if they fail and the countertop overhang subsequently fails, who's responsible?
Our simple approach is to have the countertop installers trust our product and service and ultimately refer their customers to us.Permalink